Follow these 5 easy tips to save money and conserve energy this holiday season!
- Replace incandescent lights with LED (light-emitting diode) bulbs for your indoor and outdoor holiday decorations. LEDs use up to 90% less energy!
- Use timer controls for holiday lights. These allow you to automatically turn lights on and off at specific times, saving energy.
- Leaving home during the holidays? Turn down your thermostat. Installing a programmable thermostat allows you to control the heating and cooling of your home year-round.
- Plug your lights and electronics into a power strip and turn it off when they are not in use. Even when not in use, plugged-in devices draw small amounts of energy.
- Are you hosting the holiday parties? Entertain efficiently by turning down your thermostat a few degrees. The combination of the oven and stove, hot food, and warm bodies will help keep your home comfortable.
For more ways to save check out our Energy House!